AX-15 questions

MikeB

im in the middle of swapping out my ba10/5 and np 207 for a AX-15 with a 231, here's the problem, i dont know where the fill plug is, i think its on the left hand side but im not too sure, im also having trouble finding where the vent line goes.....after i find this out, im hoping that it will go in without any problems, are there any things that i am going to have to modify to get it to fit properly?

The vent line, if it has one, should be in the base of the shift tower, the shift tower is held on with 4 bolts. Some had them, some didn't.

The fill plug should be half way up the driver's side of the transmission, similar plug to the drain plug. Don't remove any plug labeled 'Do Not Remove'.

Be sure to use Redline MT90 or other quality lube, don't use any off-the-shelf GL5 that will eat the soft brass synchronizers.

I hope you went with the external clutch slave while you were at it.

unofortunalty the slave is internal on this one...it was the only one i could find, i need my jeep to get to work and back so i didnt really have time to search for exaxtly what i wanted, i bought a brand new slave, this one is made from cast alluminum so i shouldnt have any problems like i did with previous plastic ones. Why wouldnt it have a vent line? i thought it would need one to prevent vac lock

Last edited:
Good to hear you replaced (and upgraded) the slave cylinder. Make sure you heed BH's warning about the transmission fluid. If you don't it's not a matter of if but when GL5 will eat the synchros.
Fill plug:
ax152-3.jpg

Twisted, does your transmission have a vent line, i was looking at my t-case and it looks like it doesent have one either,

i got the slave at a parts store called car quest,there not a very big company, i had originally bought it for my BA10/5, but it blew up on me a week later, The AX15 i picked up also has an internal slave so i put it in there, it looks like a pretty well built unit. If i find anything on the net i'll post up a link for ya

Back