axle swaps

timmy350

Hey I just picked up a nice 78 cj7 and I want to do a spring over and maybe put some toyota axles under it because I want to be wider than the narrow track dana 30 but don't want to go full width the other cool thing it that there third member axles and come stock with 4.10 gears which was about where I was aiming cheap for every thing. the problem is the spring perches are 29 inches apart and I can't move the passenger side cause it already against the pumkin any ideas I'm hoping to get it done as cheap as possible and it can't take to much fab time as its going to become my daily driver soon thanks

Welcome to Jeepz.com.
(also, I moved your thread to the CJ section)

pics would help, I have not put Yota axles into a CJ, but from what I recall about those axles, you will have to custom make a perch that is partially on the center of the diff.

Yota axles are great axles for the cost, I would look for a later tacoma rear and stock birfields in the front are realistically only good to about a 33" tire is locked. Check out Trail-Gear | Toyota, Suzuki Samurai, and Jeep Off Road Parts lots of build up parts.

Yeah I have only seen a couple pics never in person and I have heard that people were moving the spring and shackle mounts out but that seems like a lot of work and I'm not sure how stable it would be thanks

Back