Bad Gas

Chester

I have a 95 YJ 4.0. I continue to have idling problems because of the ethanol. What attativities would eliminate the problem?

Sta-bil makes an ethanol treatment. It's primarily for storage, but you could use it as an additive. I use Sea-Foam in my Bass boat every time I fill up. Never had a problem and I've used it for several years.

try cleaning injectors should help improve your performance and it will show a big improvment on idle and also gas milage I thought it was the ethanol till I replaced them mine where just to far gone think they where ford injectors if memory serves me right engine has over 400,000 and still runs great

try cleaning injectors should help improve your performance and it will show a big improvment on idle and also gas milage I thought it was the ethanol till I replaced them mine where just to far gone think they where ford injectors if memory serves me right engine has over 400,000 and still runs great

^^^^
winner

I found the Sta-bil today and started using it. I will give it a try for a while. Thanks for the info.

That may be my next step. I am in the process of replacing everything. The person I purchesed the Jeep from was not to keen on maintenance. I have replaced the plugs and wires, O2 sensor, installed a K/N filter, removed and cleaned the throttle body, installed all new vaccum lines and fittings, new brakes, changed all the gear boxes over to senthetic oils, replaced pinion seal and transfer case entension seal. I also installed Wrangler RS5000 shocks and 31x10.50 cooper ATR tires. I guess you might say I have been biten by the Jeep bug.

Back