bestop soundbar

kelamb

i found a site that had these on clearance for like 175. does anyone know where that is, i can't remember the site. and i would really like to order one.

Thanks in advance

If anyone had one, please let me know how it works and how hard it is to istall one

I would try Quadratec or 4WheelDrive. I installed a sound bar in my Jeep. Not tough at all.

Speaking of soundbars, I'm looking for one for my TJ. But all the one's I've seen come with speakers all ready installed in them. I'd just like the soundbar without speakers, so I can get a brand I like. Anyone know if you can find soundbars like that?

Thanks
-Nick :!:

those places are to expensive, they want like 300 buck for the sound bar. Also what did you have to do to install it, any special tools, is it the bestop one, that pivots, if so does it piviot well. i don't know much about soundbars, just that i want to get one soon. I am just a little worried on running wiring for the over head lights in a sound bar, since i am not the greatest with electrical stuff

Many jeeps have pre existing wires run through the looms along the side of the door for a soundbar. I would just splice a wire into one of your door light wires or into the main wire lead from the interior light control, it just depends on how good you want it to look and how noticeable. It is really easy to do. I promise that you will have no problem doing it. If you can change your oil you can install a sound bar. If you do not have wires for rear speakers running down the side and you have an aftermarket deck, it will be very easy to get some wire, connect it to the left and right rear speaker wires coming from the deck, tuck them along the tub in loom, and hook it into the soundbar. They should be labeled, and if not they will be two pairs of wires, each pair will be a different color, and one wire on each pair will have a white stripe. I dont have the best top pivot bar, but I know someone who does and it works great. But expect to pay money for that kind, due to the name and the style. My sound bar had brackets that slipped over the factory roll bar, real simple bolt on. I think the best top has a bracket that slips over the factory center hoop, so you shouldnt need any special tools. Maybe a wrench and socket or two. I am going to look at how I wired up my dome light tommorrow and let you know, its been so long i cant exactly remember.

Go to edgeauto.com, they have a good looking soundbbar in neoprene and some cool color combos, they are also pre cut for 6x9's 8) 8) 8)I think they are around $129.00

soundbar

If you want to connect the soundbar/light, simply run a wire (probably comes with kit) that has power to the soundbar and then the ground should be connected to the door switch (controls the light or the buzzer when you leave your keys in the igniition. You can simply "splice" into it. Very simple, just try to make it look good.-Al

Thanks guys for your help, as always the people on this site are the best. you guys are some true jeepers, loyal to help his fellow jeeper out.

Thanks again

Thanks laneiac for your post

what do you guys think of these ?

I wired my dome light into the wire running both door lights. Not sure if that was the best way to do it, but I can turn the domelight on and off with the interior light switch. Good luck. I feel the same way you do about this site. Everyone is always quick to help out, even if you say something wrong or something that another person may think is ridiculous, they never forget they are a fellow jeeper and do their best to assist.

Back