bikini top and doors, help

1981CJ5

can I use my bikini top and still use the doors on my CJ5? Also, I have a bikini top that straps to the roll bar on the sides and then attaches somewhere in the back, does anyone know where the footman loop is supposed to be for this strap?

Thanks, Joel

Doors - Sure, why not. Not going to seal out the elements, but it will work.

Footman loop - If the strap is the one in the back (middle), it goes down under the rollbar and back through the footman loop@the top center of your windsheild. (if this is what I think you mean)

You described the YJ type that goes back the windshield. The older CJ type bikini tops have the straps that go to the tailgate, or somewhere near there. A CJ owner will hafta help you with the exact location of the footman loops.

I use my bikini with doors all the time, helps in light rain or when it's a little cool. Better than no doors.

Websites

I have a 79 cj5. My bikini top slides into a rail on the top of the windshield frame. The bikini top goes over the top of the roll bar. the strabs hook into the loops that are back were the tail gate would be. if the top is over the roll bar pull the straps straight back and down to the back of the jeep they should be there just on the inside. If you have soft doors. I put the half doors on the top part doesnt seal or hook together at all. Hope this helps

The loops are on the back corner. If you have soft doors you can not leave them on. The doors attach to the soft top hardware.

Back