bikini top

rterese12

hey guys I've been thinking of getting a bikini top with the up coming summer just seeing what you guys have and like. I know there will be more rain inside the jeep but I'm to to worried about that cause my soft top leaks as it is plus I'll be getting some kind of cover for the rear of the vehicle. I have an 07 4dr jk... what works good? what looks good? and what do you guys have or think?

I'm ordering the Besttop bikini top very soon, and it looks great. I don't really see a point to soft tops if you have one of these for a tiny fraction of the price... As far as I can tell the designs don't really vary too much, but mine will be coming with a screen separating the front seats from the rear of the car, and a cover for the rear trunk area... I think it's a great way to go topless but not get too exposed to the elements! and you won't destroy a 500$+ softtop or even worse, a hardtop.

I put my hard top on for winter (I don't drive mine in winter) for storage purposes. But once spring hits the bimini top goes on till the next winter

I've only had my jeep for a couple of months, but it came with both the soft top and a bikini top. Can't wait til summer to put that baby on there. Im a little nervous about removing the full top though. Not too sure ill be able to get it back on. Plus I have no idea how to take out the window frames. Anybody got some tips for me?

I've only had my jeep for a couple of months, but it came with both the soft top and a bikini top. Can't wait til summer to put that baby on there. Im a little nervous about removing the full top though. Not too sure ill be able to get it back on. Plus I have no idea how to take out the window frames. Anybody got some tips for me?

As far as getting the top off, simple, just have another person with you, or a hoist set-up in your garage. There will be bolts that you can't miss on the inside of the jeep, lining the tub, then about 12 at the top of the windshield frame.

Not a huge deal, just don't take it off if you know it will rain in just a day or two.

I love it with the front doors off!
4wp02113JPG-1.jpg

mj23-1.jpg

I love it with the front doors off!
4wp02113JPG-1.jpg

mj23-1.jpg

glad to see a built JK! Looks awesome, I'm usually not a fan of JK's unless they're well built. The bikini top with no doors looks sweet.

Branjmb said:
As far as getting the top off, simple, just have another person with you, or a hoist set-up in your garage. There will be bolts that you can't miss on the inside of the jeep, lining the tub, then about 12 at the top of the windshield frame.

Not a huge deal, just don't take it off if you know it will rain in just a day or two.

I see no bolts at all along the windshield, and maybe like a total of 4 or 6 in the tub area. I must have one of those channels that you just peel it out of? Oh well, I guess ill figure it out.

Remove the rear windows (all three), seperate with towels, and roll up to store. The side windows have a plastic strip at the front edge and bottom which fits into the channel - peel this carefully from the rear after unzipping). Un-latch the two latches at the windshield. Pull the top material slightly above the driver's door and unclip the plastic from the channel (same type as rear side windows). Repeat on passenger side. Push lightly down on the rear corners and unclip the plastic strip/channel there too. Fold the top down (you need to lift the center bow during folding to get it to lay right). Remove the four bolts that hold the hinges to the roll bar brackets and remove the top. For the front half doors you just open the door, grasp the upper soft top part, and pull straight up. It will come off the door. You can remove the door surrounds, take them apart, and reinstall the top portions if you get a bikini with side channel strips. This will keep most of the rain out of the front (put the front windows back on for rain). Remove all carpeting and remove the drain plugs. Have fun - it's awesome. -John

if cats didn;t climb in the jeep and **** all in it, i would run with a bikini top year round

Has anyone ever used a bikini top with like a tonneau cover and a windshield of some sort in the back? I'm kinda wanting to try something other than the hard top. I have a 93 YJ.

Crazy4diesels said:
Remove the rear windows (all three), seperate with towels, and roll up to store. The side windows have a plastic strip at the front edge and bottom which fits into the channel - peel this carefully from the rear after unzipping). Un-latch the two latches at the windshield. Pull the top material slightly above the driver's door and unclip the plastic from the channel (same type as rear side windows). Repeat on passenger side. Push lightly down on the rear corners and unclip the plastic strip/channel there too. Fold the top down (you need to lift the center bow during folding to get it to lay right). Remove the four bolts that hold the hinges to the roll bar brackets and remove the top. For the front half doors you just open the door, grasp the upper soft top part, and pull straight up. It will come off the door. You can remove the door surrounds, take them apart, and reinstall the top portions if you get a bikini with side channel strips. This will keep most of the rain out of the front (put the front windows back on for rain). Remove all carpeting and remove the drain plugs. Have fun - it's awesome. -John

Hey thank you so much, that's exactly what I needed. Except for the latches on the window part. I don't have any of those. I believe its just a channel. Everything else looks like it'll work out great. Thanks again!

Back