Body Lift Fab Question

CK3

I have a 2000 TJ. I'm going to fab up a body lift for it out of some 2 1/2" solid steel round tube stock I have sitting around at the shop.. I'm looking to do a 1" lift. It looks like the stock rubber is around 3/4" so I'm guessing I need to cut the pucks to 1 3/4" to get a full 1" out of it. Does that sound right? Also.. Are all the mounts the same size? I believe I need 10 total..

Thanks for any help/info...

BTW.. I just did a 2 1/2" Rough Country lift over the weekend. I'm looking to add the 1" body life so I can fit my 33x12.5's on the truck..

-Bear

first is it solid round bar or is it tube. if it is tube, it won't work. I am leaning to you have solid round bar.

further more, keep you rubber mounts and just add 1" of steel, if not, the jarring ride will loosen all your fillings free. The rubber is there to isolate road and chassis vibrations to the drivers compartment. If you have no plan of being behind the wheel for extended periods of time or if you have suspension seats, then I would do it.

first is it solid round bar or is it tube. if it is tube, it won't work. I am leaning to you have solid round bar.

further more, keep you rubber mounts and just add 1" of steel, if not, the jarring ride will loosen all your fillings free. The rubber is there to isolate road and chassis vibrations to the drivers compartment. If you have no plan of being behind the wheel for extended periods of time or if you have suspension seats, then I would do it.

Yes it's solid bar.. Thanks for the info.. I can get started with the cutting today.... :)

yup. i had solid motor mounts in a bmw and it was so rough i swapped them back to rubber after 1 day

There is 11 body mounts on my 03 tj 1 in the center radiator 7/16 3 on each side1/2 and 2 in front of gas tank 7/16 and 2 by rear bumper7/16 I just did mine with a rubber pad they use to hold up road construction cone it worked really well 1 3/4 lift I just took a 3" hole saw and knocked all 11 out in no time then drilled1/2" holes with paddle bit rides great good luck

^^ I did this but used them as make shift bump stops, I had issues with them splitting. Have you had any issue with this?

No. I've installed them on many jeeps, and the set that is on my jeep now have been on there for about 8yrs or so.

that is a common use item on the liberty and grand cherokee also, for bump stops. those hockey pucks are like duct tape, 1k uses

Back