Body Lifts

Tenacious_T

Where can i get a good cheap body lift kit for my '93 jeep cherokee? And also, is a body lift worse than a suspension lift?

Now im wondering, is it even possible to get a body lift on a 93 cherokee?

Cherokees are UNIBODY meaning the body and frame are one piece. Therfore the only way to lift a cherokee is by using a suspension lift :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

Can anyone give me a website with some good cheap ones? I'm on a highschool no job budget :D. And im not going to be doing any serious offroading.

Not possible for body lift on unibody frames. You can get a kit from daystar for a quick 2" to fit 31" tires. The kit is a 2" poly coil spacer and a 1 3/4" rear shackle.

Four Real Bumper

Daystar, rubiconexpress.com, rustysoffroad.com, the kit is normally about $92 i know from daystar and that's with shipping included.

YJ Hardtop and Full Doors

the problem with getting spacers and shackels(i have been researching a cheap lift for my 95 XJ) is that spacers make your steering less precise and more sorta mushy. Larger shackles(the kind that lift your rear) can break if you hit an obstacle at the wrong angle while offroading. If this happens then ur in some deep shit.. I actually found a 3 inch rusty lift with 4 front hydro shocks, 2 new front coils, rear add-a-leaf, and brake line extensions... the whole kit costs about 250 bucks plus maybe 50 for shipping(you could probably bargain out some free shipping). and as for installation, a little lift kit like that is easy to do with a buddy in one long afternoon.
good luck

body lifts are garbage because they mushroom out and cause drivetrain problems and they also require alot of extra bs work.Id just go with this.its at susspenionconnection.com.Tuff Country EZ-Ride Suspension's Jeep lift kits are more than your average lift kit. All lift kits are engineered to give the highest quality & best value on the market. Compare components of a Tuff Country lift kit to that of other manufactures and you will be convince that nothing beats a Tuff Country suspension lift kit. Many others cut corners with inferior components or lack of many important pieces. Tuff Country does not cut those corners and provides a quality complete system engineered to give the best ride quality and durability money can buy. All Tuff Country lift kits & leveling kits are backed by a limited lifetime warranty.

Tuff Country's Jeep Cherokee lift kits includes "EZ-Ride" coil springs for a comfortable ride without sacrificing off-road performance.
EZ-Ride front coil springs gives a comfortable ride
New lower control arms with poly bushings
Track bar relocating bracket
Great on & off-road performance
Transfer case drop kit included
Allows use of 31" x 10.5" tires

Tech Specs:

Average Install Time: 5 to 7 hours
Recommended Tire Size: 31" x 10.5"

go with this

Back