Bolt on body mount fab

Renegade79

I need to replace the rotten hat channel on the body that the mount goes up through. Someone suggested taking 1"-3" square steel tube and bolting it to the body. Can anyone offer any input on this method, if it will work or maybe some other fixes you guys have thought up . This is my first rebuild and i appreciate the help[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>I need to replace the rotten hat channel on the body that the mount goes up through. Someone suggested taking 1"-3" square steel tube and bolting it to the body. Can anyone offer any input on this method, if it will work or maybe some other fixes you guys have thought up . This is my first rebuild and i appreciate the help</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you mean the floor support channels? If the floor above them is not rotted out, just drill out the spot welds, fabricate new supports and spot weld them on. I'm assuming you have the tub off already, right? [addsig]

I am still deciding if it needs to come off. I can't really see a good reason I should remove it a this point. So could i use the steel tube as a replacement channel and spot it back in?
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back