Buh-Bye

Bread beauty is in the eye (mouth/stomach) of the bread beholder and that's all I have to say about that.

My wife recently convinced me to eat the wheat bread that looks like white. I must say it's pretty good.

OK, I have been reading this long enough and I must break silence and help you poor bread challenged folks.

First thing to remember

"The lighter the bread...the quicker your dead"

In olden times the bread was dark, sometimes real dark and it only lasted maybe 2 days then it got stale and moldy.
The reason is, is that naturally bread has certian enzymes in it that cause it to turn bad in a short time if not eaten. It wasn't until someone figured out you could bleach that stuff out and the bread would last longer on the shelf until it sold and the bakery would not loose money. It was changed for $$$ reasons not health reasons. The good thing is that the things in the bread that cause it to go bad in a few days ARE GOOD FOR YOU. There are nutriants and vitamins that help you body in countless ways. I know some people who only eat the more natual, unbleached bread and swear by it. Even the Lord's prayer talks about "our daily bread"
Sorry for the bread rant! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Back