Buying '91 GW

shortlid

What is a '91 GW with over 100k on the clock faded paint but a strong motor and driveline (except for the brakes draging from siting) worth. The body is ok except for a couple of rust blisters, the gas tank cover and hub covers are all there. the power windows don't work nor the power locks. but the glass is there interior is in OK shape. [addsig]

Are parts pretty cheap for this beast? What kind of gas mpg. should I look to get with it? What kind of fluids does the driveline take?[addsig]

I had one briefly with the 4.2L (same as my cj) and I think it got like 12mpg

Terry[addsig]

how much is he asking?

and it depends how much your willing to pay.

and MPG from a fullsize jeep with a V8 and auto (full time 4WD?) will not be too impressive,15MPG tops
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Parts are relative... depending on the part. Gas milage will suck. The fluids (I think) are 75w90 gear lube for the diffs and ATF for the transmission and t-case, but not sure on that.[addsig]

shortlid said:
What is a '91 GW with over 100k on the clock faded paint but a strong motor and driveline (except for the brakes draging from siting) worth. The body is ok except for a couple of rust blisters, the gas tank cover and hub covers are all there. the power windows don't work nor the power locks. but the glass is there interior is in OK shape. [addsig]
Where are you located? If in the northeast I would definitely check for any and all rust on the frame and floor. Are all of the windows broken (including the the rear)? The interior what condition is it in? The headliner? AC? ETC? a '91 with over 100k miles in good condition (see above) would probably bring around 3 to 4 thousand $.

Back