Can't get those YJ speakers in? Try this out!

good job...did u make a small disconnect for when the doors need to come off or what?....looks great though good job

For those that choose to endure the PITA task of keeping them in the dash, I highly recommend installing wing nuts inplace of the old hardware. Easier to install and easier if you ever need to do it again.

For right now they're just hard wired in..When i get the time again, I'm going to make two small metal to metal contacts between the door and the tub..that way, the door just comes off without having to disconnect anything..Ford did it on the Windstar..seems to work..

get the rubi

Very nice! I still have the 6x9's in walmart boxes in the back. Works pretty well.

Iff you take out the Glove box the passanger side is soooo easy, for the drivers side, I found best to drop the indshield.

When ever a YJ would come into my install bay, I would always charge an extra 50 in labor to put the speakers in! and yes that is a nice set up you have there! I have been contemplating putting a old set in my door that I have laying around!

Just drop the windshield and you'll see a row of screws across the top of the dash exposed. Remove them and the dash drops away..........real easy. Only thing is I would replace the old w/s cowl seal if it's old and cracking. :wink:

i gotta get my speakers replaced... i was thinkin of takin the dash out

When I did my speakers, I removed the dash. It was a little more work to remove the dash but saved a lot of headaches when removing and installing the speakers. I like what you did with the doors but I don't think I'd do it that way because my doors are always getting mud and water inside them when off road.

they make door jamb connectors that use contacts for street rods etc... ive seen them w/as little as 2 or as many as 4 and 5 (for locks, shaved handles, windows etc...) - look around and your wireless setup should be a breeze!

Back