carburetor for 258cui

I'd use the Motorcraft 2150, from what I've seen it's cheaper and easier to tune. Handles operating at inclines well too.

or a holley also.

there are tons of things you can put on it, anything in the junkyard that fits an adapter will work, you just have to tune it

Thanks everyone. How about a Holly 2 barrel 250 cfm part# 0-7448?

Last edited:

My experience in order of least liked to most like. (but all were successfully run)

1-Motorcraft 2150
2-Holley Truck Avenger 470 W/ offenhauser 4bbl intake
3-EFI

Will this Jeep be taken offroad? Many carbs don't like to operate at steep angles, so keep that in consideration if choosing a carb for a Jeep that will leave the pavement.

A 350 cfm holly two barrel is ok. Its the same thing as a mc2150 or mc2100 but the 350 cfm might (only might, not is) be on the lower end of the flow needed. I will work though and you will just have to try it out to see how well. I have a 450 holley four barrel on my jeep and its fine but my displacement is a little larger then yours

I upgrade mine to the webber 34/38 shortly after I picked up my jeep. (11 years back now). It's the same as the 32/36 but jetted up. I love it. Well worth the money for sure. Twice the power, starts in cold weather, and have had my jeep laying on its side and on its roof and was still trying to run except for I shut it down to prevent mtr from locking up. Prob one of the best upgrades I have made to the old girl. Mine is a 4.2 1987 YJ.

Back