CB speakers...

Joopin

Super Moderator
Hey guys, I just got a CB that I will be hooking up in my YJ this weekend. It has a small speaker that will probably be difficult to hear, so I was wondering...

Does anyone know how (or if it is possible) to route the sound from the CB to my radio speakers? I was searching the web but didn't find anything. Any help would be great!

Joop

i had a little adapter for my old personal cd player, it plugged into the headphone jack (ext spkr jack on the cb) and had a little box w/antenna - used a AA battery and xmitted on fm - choice of freq. - look for that in the accessory area at a walmart or such - your other option is getting a speaker at a truck stop and mounting it - i know i have trouble hearing my cb and i cant find that little xmtr i had - gotta keep looking i guess - hope i helped - g'luck!

if there is an external speaker jack port use it with an external speaker.you will be better satisfied and run wire and speaker to sport bar .bungee it to sport bar and wah-lah better sound and and you can actually hear what is being said over cb and doesnt get garbled competing with cd player

I got the Radio Shacked amplified external speaker and mounted it in the change tray on the console between the front seats. Now I can hear it perfectly. It also doubles as the external speaker for my scanner when I'm chasing tornadoes (or running from the police after a drug deal gone bad).

Back