Cheap quick HP!!!

marc

I know we have all thought of ways to get more power out of our jeeps since i have a 4 banger its an everyday thing, I made a custom polished aluminum intake like the one in Qudratrac, for like $170.00 with a honda civic intake dont laugh it works, You can buy em at Pep Boys, or Advance for around $50.00 take you stock air box off, and air tube, with your air tube cut the 90 degree elbow off your tube put in the strait side of the intake they come with a reducer, slide that over the 90 that you cut off from your stock tube use a sealer i used RTV since i had that on hand, this is the important part so take your time so you dont have any leaks that dirt can come through. I have tried ti over the valve cover and like a regular air box, i have found that, the regular way works the best because of the air inlet from the front grill that let air into you stock box kind or works in ram air fashion since it a high flow cone filter. You could use your factory intake tube but since it has so many ripples in it, so that would be flexable actully restricks air flow, and holds heat longer. And a K&N cone filter cost almost 40.00 dollars so in the long run to me just buy the intake kit for a honda is a better deal.

Today was my fist day using an Poweraid throttle body spacer, and i must say that its great, It gave me even more dramatic gains with the intake that I made than it would with a factory intake according to a G Tech pro thing i gained approx 8 hp from the intake and with the throttle body spacer it bosted me all the way up to 11 wooo hooo, and gave me some serious touque gains dont know how much but i can tell a huge difference. Dont laugh but my new over all Hp of my jeep is 127, didnt a 91 yj come with like 123 brand new??? I guess not bad for having over a 150,000 miles on it. Never been taken off road till I bought it now it only sees the road to the trails. Hope this help anyone who tries it and if anyone else has any ideas let me know i am always looking somthin to help, also i just ordered some gear less lockers if anyone has these let me know what you think happy jeepin

[addsig]

SWEET !!!!

Out here 97 98 99 TJ SE models are available from auction houses for cheap.

I mean, I have seen em for as little as $5K.

Problem with the SE is that @*&#^%$ 4 banger. As you said, no power.

Finally after lots and lots and lots of searching I have found the solution.

You can buy a PAXTON supercharger for it. The PAXTON hangs off the front of the block like your alternator or AC compressor and is belt driven.

I haven't been able to locate a kit so you would have to fabricate the necassary pieces yourself.

Mounting the PAXTON shouldn't be much of a fuss. buy a longer belt to drive it with.

All thats left is to select some rubber hoses to route cold air from the outside through a K&N air filter to the PAXTON then another hose from the PAXTON to the intake.

PAXTON claims 50% power increase is average. So the 4 with a PAXTON should = what the 4.0L I6 delivers.

[addsig]

Back