cheap tricks

Re: RE: Mud

I had two old steel mop handles in the utility closet for the longest time, went to go take them to the dumpster and had to walk by the rig to do so, so I starts tinkering a bit, do some cutting, some bolting, some cursing ............ an hour and twenty minutes later I had new control arms!

Yes that was a joke!
Sorry, I got nothing yet guys! :lol:

Keep chicken straps around ALL of the time, wire dry, duct tape, a flashlight, CB/cell phone, wire, a belt (wear one in case of a broken drive shaft.... I've done it)

RE: Re: RE: Mud

I duck taped a Folger's coffee can to my tailpipe....man, it sounds awesome and boosted my horsepower 35%!!!

RE: A not so satisfied user

Bailing wire clutch linkage. Of course this was only temporary :roll:

RE: A not so satisfied user

Ratchet Straps are always handy for trail damaged Jeeps. Bungee cords(sp) are helpful too.

Re: RE: which Junkyard "car" seats fit YJs?

Oh, I thought of something.....

Not that it is a fix, more of an on board tool. For some reason, since I bought my TJ, I have had a little gray raincloud that hovers above me while driving...... of course because i have no doors on and just a bikini top! (not to mention i live in oregon)

Anyway, got tired of using papertowels & rags to wipe the road mist that kicks up off the windshield, so a buddy of mine owns a screen printing company and they have these heavy duty rubber squeegy jobbers, so I cut one down to a 3" length......... *presto* windshield squeegy! One swift swipe and I can see again!!

Works like a charm, I even logo'd it with "rain sucks"

I am thinking I should patent it for those "GADGET MOMENTS"

Sidenote: just a little bragging for my buddies shop, I saw someone had posted a pic of a guy wearing a "badlands offroad" park t-shirt... yep, thats my buddies account!

front rear 14 bolt

okay... take the back seat out, take the rear tire mount off the tailgate and use the center belt hole for one bolt and then drill two holes for the "top" and mount the spare in the "bed" - okay... it takes up all the room but is much cheaper than the upgrade for a tire carrier on an aftermarket rock bumper, looks cool when you clean up the tailgate and mount the plate there... i'll get a pic soon - (my tire wouldn't clear the bumper i ordered on the stock mount as i discovered when i got the bumper mounted)... doh!!! (but really... it is pretty trick!)

Back