chevy TPI motor swap

Timber6943

I have a 1991 Jeep Wrangler. I am installing a 1989 5.0L tune port motor out of a Chevy Cammaro. I have the motor installed the drive train and exhaust hooked up. I think I have the wiring figured out ( the motor came with the wiring harnnes and computer just have to connect the two harnneses together ) I think I found a radiator and eletric fans for it ( waiting for a email back from a custom radiator supplier ) I have a high volume fuel pump (in tank ) and concernd on what to use for the flexable fuel lines by the tank and motor ( if rubber gas line and hose clamps will handle the pressure).
Other than finnishing up the wiring , radiator and the fuel lines the only other thing I have to figure out is the air intake and air filter. If anyone has done this kind of motor swap and can give me any input on problems and soluitons thay ran into that would be great.
Thanks Joe

Hows the build going?

Im doing a 4.8 into a tj about 2/3 into it. I am working on fuel lines now. I ran steel 3/8 from pump to engine rail with comp fittings.

What pressure is the pump rated at?
What pressure does the engine need?

If my memory serves me, your motor has the hi-rise intake plenum with the 4 runners per side that go vertically down to the intake base. The throttle body sits on the front of the intake plenum. I would just measure the circumfrence of the TB and go down to the parts stop and start measuring cone filters for one with a similar circumfrence and be done.

FYI, the 4.8 and the 305 he has are completely different motors. the older Tuneport motors required more fuel pressure, I think around 75 psi, the LS series motors with a stock tune should only need between 55-60 pso, I will look up to double check... But Summit should sell a LS fuel management system/kit for about $200.

Back