CJ owners.....lend me your ears....

I'm gonna repaint mine soon, as mine doesn't have any paint on it yet (still the fiberglass color).

I am gonna paint it white, after I fix all the cracks.

I was thinking yellow however, orange sounds interesting. The paint is decent but I can't stand the neon blue with orange pin stripe. I currently dont have a top and need to settle on a paint scheme matched with a top color.....Tan, Spice, Black... Pics...Anyone... Anyone....Bueller.....Bueller...

Orange!

Camo, Scrach it and touch it up, Tear off a fender replace it and touch it up, Goes with everthing and has that ol Military look to it. Never needs waxing, blends in with it's surroundings well. Most folks on the street will leave it alone thinking some wild person ownes it and more than likely should not be messed with. Paint Job cost under a hundred bucks and you do it your self. There is a thousand reasons to have Camo for the paint choice. One not to " It is ugly" hehehehe Tug

Hello Beach,

I like orange too. Just goes to show you: Sully and I have impeccable taste! :wink:

Here are four pictures of the primer black to 1999 Dodge Viper orange metamorphosis of my previous Jeep: An 82, CJ-7, known as the "Testostereonecon Edition." The name came from the 350 SBC lurking behind the seven-slot grille. Big Holley, Eldebrock this, Eldebrock that. Lots of goodies. A powerful, but totally intractable machine. What a handful!

The grunt work was done by my son and I, but under the watchful eye of the shop owner, whom we called Mr. Miyagi when out of earshot.

image-missing.png

The bodywork begins: "Sand the Jeep, Danielsan."

image-missing.png

Many coats of primer and unending hand sanding. "Danielsan, sand the Jeep again, and again, and again."

image-missing.png

Out of the paper cocoon, painted and reassembly underway.

image-missing.png

At last! Assembled just enough to make it legal to drive home. Much work yet to be done.

The photos don't do the Jeep justice or accurately dipict the color. The color was intensely orange and very glossy: two layers of color and three layers of clear-coat. Expensive paint, by the way -- about $90.00 a pint.

If the "Bubbacon Edition" didn't have such a good existing paint job - although I hate the color! - I would go with the Viper orange again.

Regards,

Gadget

Do you still have your ORANGE jeep inspector-G???

Hi Sully,

I am afraid not. The orange Jeep proved to be totally useless during our brutal and slippery winters. It was undriveable on anything but dry roads. Sorta like those Mustangs and Camaros that the NY State Police use on the interstates during our summer. Those little jet police cars have to hibernate during the winter.

I found the orange Jeep a good home.

Regards,

Gadget

I painted the front with some left over gmc white I had laying around. I try not to put to much work into it. It looks ok but not great. I don't want to worry about scratching it, so I just gave it a quick sanding and sprayed it (the hood and fenders were all differant colors). I might paint it later but I don't want to tear the interior out very bad. But this way if I scratch it I just say oh well just another charicter mark and wheel on.

Garnett metallic with copper clearcoat...gets alot of compliments :)

if interested in the color email me at sacredgroove@nc.rr.com and ill get you the paint codes from my spare quart out in the carport
for some reason I cant get image to post here but this is a link to it

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=3825237&selected=385253

i took pic with a cheap digi camera...what appears to be a few flaws in the paint are not flaws....one thing i like about it is under certain lighting the copper metallic really shows thru,but usually its a deep maroon metallic

Brake Problem !

Hello Sacredgroove,

I copy-pasted the pic of your Jeep into a photo program and adjusted the gamma and brighteness.

Wow!

That is a good color for a Jeep! Great choice!

Gadget

Universal Joint

Well, its not exactly new paint, but i'll post it anyways...

image-missing.png

This is the colour when i BOUGHT the jeep, but its not the original colour (the original was dark blue)

I just figured that if you're considering yellow you might wanna know what it looks like on a CJ. The thing with yellow is, when its clean... it really stands out, but when its dirty, or a little rusty, it looks like CRAP! The yellow really accentuates any imprefections just like a "hilighter" marker

I'm going to be changing the colour as soon as i get my new aluminium body.
I'm thinking black, just because its the EASIEST to color-match.

Edit: I think i really should be posing a more RECENT picture... here ya go!
image-missing.png

Hey 2jeep2think Not to give you a short answer I got my paint job at WalMart hehehe It is Krylon Camo in a can. 4 colors and just go wild! If you think you have to much of a color just add more of a different color till you get the look you are looking for. I did mine and my son's Ranger starting to look like a Compound around here. Wait till I put up 3 Rolls of Concertina Wire and a Gaurd tower in the front yard. Start haven the family fall out at 0530 for an hour of counted cadence PT and Grenade traing in the after noons. LOL The neighbors stay freaked out about us any way. Tug

Small bump whobble

Yo Tug.
And what small arms practice in the back yard in the early evening ?

Depending on the day of the week rangeing from 45 cal colt to M60 and M203. Special days like thanksgiving and christmas we may get luck and have some LAW practice and or Browning 50 cal Machine Gun hehehe. But best of all on Saturdays Momma Tug teaches advanced Bayonet and Hand to hand. I like me some one on one down and dirty traing with her. Shes mean! To enter the training program you have to pass mommas Ground Hog hunging 101 with a snub nose 38 sp. Large bore Handgun up close look em in the eye shot em fast ground hog getten. hehehe Tug

Back