CJ struggles on first take off...

mx racer 904

I have a 76' CJ5....304 with a 3 speed (t150) i guess...

After you sit for a day....

Start it up great...

Goes in gear gear...

But when you put it in frist and take off it really struggles to get going the first time....almost like the parking brake is on or brakes are dragging...

I thought it was that...so I put it in neutral rolled it back and forth....jumped in and it still did it...

Any thoughts?

Check the vacuum advance in the distributor for binding and make sure that the vacuum line is attached to the carburator port.

A nice carb scrubbing can't hurt anything. Sounds like the booster assembly may be dirty? The MC2100 only takes 15 to 30 minutes to clean out.

I was thinking that also....Is there not much to it...I have done street bike and dirt bike carbs....just didnt want to kill something...

I can rebuild my carb in under 15 minutes. The only really small part is the discharge ball. It looks like a stainless bb. Those MC2100's are simple, really.

I dont know about 15 minutes but...I did it pretty easy...also I opened a HUGE can of worms...Found the carb body is broke....

its broke on the driver side towards the front of the carb in the float area...cracked all the way through and the epoxyed it....AAHHHH

what model mc2100 do I have...I found some on EBay thought I might get one for 10 bucks and make it work...

my thought exactly...

do you know it it is a 1.08 or 1.23 or something else?

Back