CJ7 wont start?

I'm happy for you that now you can get to the lake with your girl !:cookout:
well , if you feel the connection is safe , ok I guess . Just wondering if it was made with a fused bypass ? Hoping you will get into it another day when you got the time , a little disassembly required , bummer , I know. I just find it odd that The rod which runs from the ignition lock assembly just fell out ! I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to get into it as it would involve some tools you may not have and not willing to buy. I you do opt to fix it , maybe the tools can be rented (autozone) . For now , please be certain the switch rigged up is safe ,I.E. , good connections and no exposed wires , quality switch of adequate amperage rating and a in-line fuse also of adequate amperage rating. I'm not saying I wouldn't sanction the repair , being the type I just like things fixed as best possible , just would like for yourself and your buddy to be sure everything will be ok . I just get Squimish about electrical. Be safe and best of luck with it , thank you for your best wishes . Greg92jeepxj.

This is the magical push start switch we installed. My filing job looks terrible but hey, it works. The switch is rated at 20 amps, and it's got an inline 15 amp fuse. We electrical taped and shrink wrapped all the connections, and it's just wonderful. I am completely satisfied with this job. Thank you for all the concern and words of advice, I'm sure I'll post on here again soon!

Attachments

• image-2447914011.jpg
    image-2447914011.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 313

just touch up with nail polish, so it doesn;t start rusting on you

I would say you and your buddy did a great job ! Kind of nostalgic with the push button ! I dig it !
A little touch like Superj said and good to go ! Keep 'em Rollin ' ! Thanks for your post . Greg.

Back