Coil Spacer Lifts

lethaldose

ok i know its the el-cheapo method of getting some height ... but what about a 1" lift just something to give a little extra clearance for some larger rubber ?? ... with a 1" spacer and 1" BL i shouldnt have any problems needing a SYE or disconnects right off and the spacer is a super budget friendly .. throw in a set of 1" motor mounts how does that strike you guys ??? i just got curious on the spacer lift because of a killer deal on ebay and i thought i'd toss the ball around with you guys first thanks a million

I did the 2" coil spacer lift and it was just fine for my 33's. However, it did rub in extreme flex and tight corners. I had bought a 1" body lift for it that I didn't even take out of the box. I just didn't want to do that much work.

i just didnt want to get into anything high enough that would need alot of stuff to survive and give a nice ride like bump stops , t case drop, track relactor bracket, new shocks or SYE ect..... with you guys going to 2" did you have to do anything major and how was the ride ??? .... well i'm missing a few body mount bolts so thats why the BL is a must for me

Last edited:

The only mods required when I did the 2" spacers was just that. I didn't change the shocks or T-case mounts. Was told that I should change to longer shocks, but never bothered and the rest of the drivetrain stays in the same place. With the BL you run into pedal extensions, shifter linkage corrections, gas filler extensions and drivetrain mounting problems that have to be corrected. IMHO the coil spacers were the most bang, least work for the buck.

with the 1" lift they dont require anything other than a radiator lift which they provide ... i'm really interested in the budget boost spacers... so you didnt have any problems from yours ??

I'm runnin both in my ghetto rig, RE 2" BB and the Daystar 1" BL; never had an ounce of trouble with either of them. The body lift was a faster installation with less work.

I'm runnin both in my ghetto rig, RE 2" BB and the Daystar 1" BL; never had an ounce of trouble with either of them. The body lift was a faster installation with less work.

excellent man i believe thats the road i'm gonna take .. pay day was a little shorter this time than expected :bomb: ... so wheels and tires are on hold but the BL is ready to go along with a new tuffy full console ... thanks again for everybodies ideas and opinions glad to hear em and keep em coming

Back