Color of top??

mikep

:???:How ccan I tell for sure if I have a tan or spice soft top before I put upper sliders. My 99 TJ sport has the original soft top

it would say on the B.O.S.

you should have tan, I think spice ended with the YJ from teh factory, but I honestly don't know for sure.

If you have to buy them, make sure they have a return polocy, pick one and buy them, if they don't match, return and get the others. your probably not going to get 100% match since your top is older and possibly faded slightly

Thanks that all make sense if you can tell me where to find the B.O.S. I'm home free.

Found out from dealer it is dark tan

Yah Bounty thats true
I have a 98 and its a Bestop Spice color. Its kind of hard to tell though, not much of a difference, but its best two know for sure (trust me). Local jeep dealers really do know their colors lol. :D

I think the "tan" started in '00. My 97 is spice. I bought a black hardtop and had the guys at Carquest mix me up a qt of OE hardtop spice;perfect match to my interior and my soft top. they have the paint chips and codes in their book. specifically listed as "Jeep hardtop colors" Pay a store that mixes paint a visit, and ask to see their paint chip book and compare the 2.

Back