Computer bypass 2100 changeout

Yeah I did. I got the the idle mixture at 1 and 3/4 turns out. I also had trouble with linkage. So I went and found your post with the picture of yours to see how it looked. It's all good now. I'm glad yours is running again.

well, i am running rich across the boards since this carb is off a bronco so i will start trying to accumulate the proper size pieces so i can be good to go. right now, it has the off idle bog and is kind of slow on the pick up but on the highway, it moves along like a v8. cruises up to 100 like it used to with the holley, which means very easily, ha ha ha. trans shifts perfectly at around 1500 on normal acceleration and even though its running rich and bogging, seems like its running better.

I know you'll have it purring in no time. My jeeps running great but I'm working in maui all week so I can't even enjoy it. :(

Aww, your stuck on Maui!?!!! That must really suck. It's 31 degrees here. I don't want to even feel that you are complaining about being stuck in freakin Maui. Just kiddin bro.

I had a feeling you'd jump in and say something like that. Hahaha. Don't forget I've lived here all my life, it's all the same crap to me. Lol

Actually it was 78 degrees and beautiful. I had to say 31 for the effect. I tell ya what, we'll trade for a week. You come on over to Maryland and take care of my farm and I'll hop on over to the big island and sip on something with ignorant amounts of alcohol and sit at the beach and watch the water. The only water your seein here comes out of a hose. Ha ha

You know what you put it like that.........no thanks. Hahaha. I feel better now. Hay what's that sound? Oh yeah it's the ocean! Lol

i am going to have to rejet and get the proper power valve

looks like a
#16 power valve
47-48 jets

and i am looking for the proper accelerator pump size

SuperJ, for the power valve, you pick a valve that is 2" lower than your idle vac.
say you have vac of 15" at idle, you would want a power valve that is stamped 6.5. Your power valve is marked at half of its vac rating. (6.5+6.5=13) Your guys engines seem to be running around the 18-20" vac at idle, you would want a power valve that is marked 8.0-9.0, you posted ealier that it looked like you needed a #16 power valve, that would be the one stamped 8.0. (8.0=8.0=16)

got the carb fixed. the little squirters the accelerator pump pushed fuel through had something wrong. no matter how much i sprayed them out, it seemed like the spray wasn't long enough for the engine. turns out, i had to run a wire through them to clear them and then the engine revved up like it was perfect. jeep runs great now

Glad to hear it. Everyone's back on the road. Have a great day

Think I spoke to soon. Now my rear axle is leaking. Oh well, just one of the benefits of an old jeep, your tools will never get rusty.

I know, battery is dead now. It's from 08 though so it has done ok. Still reads 11.2 for such an old battery

Oh ya, turns out this carb had 48 jets in it so I have:

8.5 power valve
48 jets
Accelerator linkage on top hole
Timing at 10

a little less power and acceleration. its not bad but it just doesn;t have the kick it used to have.

oh well, i am glad its running again. i guess once i get tired of this i will go fuel injection

Back