cool 4.0L intake mod

Bounty__Hunter

Super Moderator
Re: RE: St. Louis pursuit

image-missing.png

RE: Dana 60 front/Transmission questions

I'm gonna have to go ahead and say that that is one nifty idea... If I had a tig welder, i'd have one of those tomorrow

Re: RE: Re: RE: St. Louis pursuit

Nice, and built off of the 99-01 XJ intake, (which in stock form is a good upgrade for the stock TJ/YJ intake manifold!

Is it made by hesco, or just a prototype?

RE: Credit Card Pranks?

I had just read about a guy in a 4wd mag that had done that with his TJ! He fabbed it in his garage, but it's basically the same set up. Said it added "tons of horsepower" to the little round-eyed stepchild of the Jeep family.

I wonder if anyone would notice me trying to smog a setup like that :wink: How long does it take to swap out a manifold just for smog legallity.

RE: Chimp chews man

hmm... i do have an extra manifold out back with a throttle body on it... and i can get a TB at a junkyard... i have access to a spool gun.. maybe i'll be making myself one of those.. just gotta figure out how to get the sensors to work with each other

sensors? Keep all the sensors on one throttle body, and block off the opening for the IAC housing on the 2nd TB. Then mate the two throttle valves together. Only run one set of sensors.

I haven't found any more info, but the pic came from www.hescosc.com . I gotta get me one for the 2.5L HO in my jeep ;)

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Wont start unless i hit the gas....

Ahh.. didn't think of that. The tps will work fine if they run in conjunction with each other.

It's got me thinkin.. I wonder what kind of increases we're talkin

#@$%!*&^ red light

The engine will inhale only the air it can use, so a lot depends on how it's belt elsewhere. I'm ready for it with the performance cam and exhaust, but my head could use some porting and polishing. My squirrels are screamin now, but there's always room for more :twisted:

IF I decide to use the 4.0 I have out back, it will probably end up with another half liter... I think that intake would be a great addition

Back