daily driver lift question???

Nooch13

I want to lift my 98 tj, but here is the deal. I have a long drive to work each day 45plus miles each way and I dont get the chance to go off road as much as I would like. Money is a consideration as I dont want to spend a ton of cash on a killer lift and suspension system that stays mostly on the highway. I want to go with at least 31x10.5's, but I would prefer 33x12.5's for the look and the probably once a month I do get on a trail. What lift would you recommend? Could I get away with just a body lift? What are the cheapest and most expensive REALISTIC options you could recommend for me? Also, I would like to do the installation myself. I am mechanically inclined, but I do not have air tools. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated

If you want a good value and a good ride, and be able to run a 33" tire, check this out:
http://www.ok4wd.com/catalog.asp?vend=BDS&cat=146

It's around $499+shipping.

The spacer lift costs about (maybe even less) 1/2 of that, it's alot easier to install, and will maintain your factory springs&ride, but if you want to be able to put 33's on there better spend a little more now than go through all the work twice!

Just wanted to throw another option at you.

Also if cause your road/trail ratio is about 90%/10% go with a very mild tire. A goodyear gs or a BF goodrich long trail t/a They will offer a better warranty plus you will get better milage and handling than if you were to run a mud tire! For the weekend warrior off roader, these tires will offer a good amount of traction too!

Just so you know. 31's will fit under your TJ with no issues. Even without a lift. But I would also reccomend te Rubi 2" budget boost. I really can't tell if I would go that way if I had the chance because I like the Springs Idea. Also, if I ever want a Winch and/or a heavy bumper I still have the Spacer Option open to me.

TPS, thanks for the advice, but I only heard one thing 1918!!!

Thanks for the idea's. I do kinda like the idea of a spring lift the more I learn as I am also considering a new bumber and winch...Damn this is harder than it looks!!!

Check ebay if you are thinking about spacers search under ecor4x4 for seller name. As for the 3" BDS lift that is about the going rate for that kit. ecor tj

[/url]

Back