Dana 300 Question?

Troy93YJ

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of collecting all the parts I'll need to swap in a 4.3L Chev , new transmission, and Dana 300 T-case... My question is, what side does the Dana 300 sit?:-? I have a 93YJ and I think the case is on the drivers side???:-? If the Dana is opposite the stock case what axle would be recomended for the swap?

Thanks in advance!

Troy Dyer[addsig]

The output of the Dana 300 is centered, so any axle with the diff at center should work fine. The bulk of the T-case is hanging on the passenger side of the vehicle in a stock jeep. The skid plate has a bulged section to protect the part hanging down. I think that I saw somewhere that somebody sells kits to allow you to flip the 300 so that the bulk of the case is on the drivers side. Maybe the thing for your application.[addsig]

The thing mentioned in the previous reply is a adapter plate that allows the Dana 300 to be rotated up, allowing more clearance under the "bulge". The output is centered, the front driveline is not. It is off to the right (passenger side)

Good luck with your build-up!

[addsig]

If you look in the new JP magazine, Sept. 2002 , it has an article that you need.

It covers swapping a Dana 300 to a YJ and turning it upside down for a drivers side front axle . Excellent article on the new fluid levels and what to watch for. According

to the author the swap is relatively easy and cheap.

hope it helps,

JAckal
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back