Dana 35...

locking a 35 is bad because it has small axle shaft splines and putting something in there like a lock right will be harsh on the shaft splines. the locking and unlocking will snap them if you are generous with the skinny pedal. the shafts are just too weak for anything other than moderate wheeling. i keep mine stock for the simple reason the auto transmission and open diff soak alot of the harshness out of the drive train. this makeing the lil 35 stay alive a lil longer with my lift and 33 in bfg's hope this helps and if i'm wrong please feel free to correct me and notify me. i hate passing bum info

im not happy with my 35. right now. i will watch my tongue while i post. i blew out my spiders, replaced with a locker, under any sort of load still has a horendous clunk going on in there (more than any locker should give) i tore it apart again to make sure the locker was installed properly. ran it on jacks with diff cover off. double checked the ring and pinion, looks ok. so there does feel to be a bit of play in the drive line and the clunk sounds sound further forward on the small down the driveway test runs. hoping its a split yoke or busted bearing or anything on the front side of the dana35 at this point. any further forward its gonna start getting pricey(er).

My .02...

Its a boat anchor that DC thought would work alright as an axle.

I've ran mine with a welded diff for a few years now, not a single problem. This is as a semi-daily driver and is wheeled with 33" TSL's. Even been through one rockcrawl comp unscathed.

Doesn't make it right, but I haven't had any problems. Never had a problem from my old non c-clip D35 with a built 350 pushing it. Maybe it's the driver ;)

Back