dang rednecks

89stocker

i just bought my first jeep ever an 89 cherokee 4x4 2dr all stock but the guy i bought the jeep from was some redneck farmer or somethin he said he just put a new fuel pump and water pump in it so i was happy but puttin it in he broke it almost looks like its leakin where the electrical conector is so i failed the evap test for smog the only reason i even know it looks pretty simple to change just lookin for tips or advice or somethin and no its not leakin from the gasket and the hose clamps r tight

do you mean the water pump is broken and leaking? that's gonna need to be replaced. clean both surfaces real good, and use gasket sealer on both sides of the gasket. water leaks can be tricky, cause the leak can be somewhere else entirely and just bouncing off the place where you think it's leaking from. like maybe someone busted the temperature sensor or something. also, how does this affect the evap? that's probably the hoses and there should be a diagram in the engine compartment that shows how the hoses should go. good luck, john

sorry i was talkin about the fuel pump still the water pump is fine i guess i was just ramblin the fuel pump has the two hoses the two wires going to the pump and the ground atatched to the outside of the tank part of the assembley well the guy i got it from tried to pry the two wire electrical fitting that doesnt come off off the fuel pump sending unit instead of disconecting the connector a foot away so now when they do the nitrogen evap test it leaks out the spot where the wires go into the fuel pump sending unit they said 200 for the sending unit and new pump but i just got one at pick-n-pull for 26$ see how it works

Back