Death wobble!!!!!???

Mudjunky

I just recently put some wide 35's on my '98 tj it drives fine unless u hit a small bump in the pavement at about 35-45 mph then it death wobbles like crazy until u get it almost stopped! How can I fix it?

I had a TJ that did this!
It started just after tires were installed!
Question? can you power threw it?? will it go away above 45 mph..
If so its tire balance.. Mine would do it at 35-40 and I got po'd and romped on it and it quit.. I went back and talked with tire shop! They rebalanced and found the first guy put weight on oposite side of the wheel as needed.. so he made it twice as bad!

I have an 07 jk and mines doing the same thing but around 65 mph and I have a 4 inch lift and stock tires still I haven't found the reason yet but ima try adjusting my control arm cam bolts all the way out

On a jk. You want them in all the way. The less caster the better. Also on a jk you want toe to be .20 of a degree and and upgraded damper is pretty much mandatory.

Oh lol thanks for the input that's going to save me some headache

So just to make sure I want the adjustment to bring the bolt closest to front or the back of vehicle and I'm not to sure on what you mean by and upgraded damper

Upgraded steering damper. The stock one has a hard time holding up against stock tires. You want the bottom of the diff to move towards the rear of the veh. It's hard to get it perfect without an alignment rack.

Mudjunky said:
I just recently put some wide 35's on my '98 tj it drives fine unless u hit a small bump in the pavement at about 35-45 mph then it death wobbles like crazy until u get it almost stopped! How can I fix it?

Sorry we kinda jacked the thread. Have you had it aligned and is everything tight in the front ?

Yeah it's been aligned but the cam bolts haven't been adjusted cause I still have the ones the lift came with in my garage

Yeah I was down there yesterday evening looking around and noticed the tabs now I just need to get to my buddies house and get it on the lift should I just adjust it as far it can go or what

It won't hurt. Is your steering damper stock. Or upgraded. The stock ones fail with little mileage.

If I adjust the bolts to pull the bottom of the dif rearward wouldn't that give me a negative caster or am I thinking of this backwards

It will bring caster down. But it won't go negative. This come with almost seven degrees right outta the box. You want it and 3.5 to 4.0. Once it's lifted. The high caster works against you with bigger tires.

Hey jester one more question should I adjust the rear cam bolts any?

Back