Death wobble!!!!!???

Cool. That's good. I have an xj. Hard to get rid of vibes lol. It's pretty good now but took a week of straight playing with shims to get it here lol.

Lol I know a bit. It's what I do for a living. I was an alignment tech for 3 years. So that's alit of alignments at around ten per day.

Yeah I would say a good bit well now I know who to direct my questions to.... Do you know of any jeep trails in the south im from the new Orleans area and all I really have is power lines which I kind of illegal a a mud riding park that you need giant trucks or you'll break every part of driveline

I just had this happen to me last Thursday on my way to the cemetery. I thought that's where I was going to end up. All kidding aside, what do I get checked first, I've had this thing since late August 2010 and this is the 1st time this has happened.

Over on another thread I tried to post pics of it under the "pics of my ride", but they did not come out. I forget how to use photobucket.

The factory radio is also on the blink, I have an old one from one of the hubby's old cars but I would really like the original one in because I really liked the buttons behind the steering wheel working the the cd player. When they put the factory one in only the under dash speakers, when they put the other one in the dash speakers don't work, but all the sound like it is coming from the back. I did have the speakers replaced in September.

Any advice or should I just get rid of it, but I really like the thing.

I just had this happen to me last Thursday on my way to the cemetery. I thought that's where I was going to end up. All kidding aside, what do I get checked first..........

Year, model (YJ, TJ, JK, etc.)????? Stock suspension or a lift???? All helpful information.

The first thing I would check is the tires. Every "wobble" issue I've had has been tire related. Second, I would check the alignment. After that, do a search for "death wobble"......plenty more advice on here.

All I can tell you it is a 98 jeep grand cherokee limited, i believe it is up 5" All I can tell u is what was in the original ad on ebay. It stated "Has small lift kit 265/75/16 (32") BFG all terrain tires in VG condition. Custom cat-back flowmaster dual outlet exhaust system. He also included a set of lower control arms for front & rear which were put in back in the fall. As far as anything else listed none of it has to do with the lift. I did manage to get a few pics of it on back on the "picture of your rig" thread. Don't know if that will help.

Right now I'm letting the radio go and I'm dropping it off to be looked at to c if they can find something that would be causing this. Believe me it was really scary. I really thought i was going to be joining my mom at the cemetery. Yet I drove it home 10 miles and it never acted up at all.

I'll keep u posted.

Back