dirty oil question

pghpenna

I put the 3" rough country lift on my gals 93 wrangler with only one problem. The axle locating pins in the leaf springs were .050" over the origional so I opted to remove the pins and turn them down instead of drilling a larger hole in the axle. All is fine, no vibration etc but felt the instructions could have been written a little clearer. I also changed oil and never seen oil as dirty as what came out. I have been having the oil changed at Jiffy lube and decided to start doing it myself. Can anyone offer any reasons why the oil is so dirty? I have been changing it every 3k miles. Thanks, Frank

Bus wreck friday

Dirty as in???

Black??
Visable signs, floating clear bubbles, Particles or Debris??
Slimey brown??
Swirly??

I've never seen oil come out of an engine after 3000 miles that wasn't jet black. P.S. Never go to Jiffy Lube again. But if you have to, make sure that you check everything under the hood before driving away.

Perhaps I'm worrying about nothing, Just going by what they said at Jiffy Lube the last few times I had them change it. The reason I started to do it myself is they over tightened the drain/fill plug and stripped it out. They put a lil larger diameter plug instead of retapping the pan and seems to be working okay, no leaks etc. Thanks for the response. Frank

I'm not surprised they broke something. I've heard many bad stories about them. They are notorious for forgetting to put caps back on.

Personally, I would suggest, at your next oilchange, going to Synthetic.

Those bastages at Jiffy Lube can only see the Oil as it drains. Not as it is sitting in a pan. Next Oil change, see it foryourself.

I personally change my Oil about 1k prior to when they say I need to. So far that has helped a 85 Camaro run for 200k She still purred like a kitten untill I over heated her.

Yeah Jiffy Lube will stick you every chance they can. They didn't put the oil back into my ex's car, then tried to tell me the engine must be burning oil after I took it back that afternoon! Also tried to tell me I needed my transmission fluid changed (showed me the color) during an oil change after I had just changed it earlier that week! As for your oil, as long as you don't see anything like L33TJ33P said, then no worries! As for their quick fix, make them fix it right! The reason it probably isn't leaking now is the gasket is seated good enough, but those treads are going to keep stripping out and that will not last.

Back