do you use your daily driver?

I would have to say no. I put about 25 to 50 miles on my jeep in a week. I only drive it on weekends or lake trips or of course 4 wheeling or going back up to the store to get more beer. I don't drive it all the time beacuse i have a work truck and my chevy truck plus the wife's car. But i like too drive it as much as i can. :-D [addsig]

I am running from the exaust manafold to the muffler in its normal placement under the jeep and the out the back as the orginal placement. Just did away with the cat all together. I first ran a simple run of the mill glaspack about 20 bucks but it was a bit to loud so went to the Flowmaster got mine for about 75.00 bucks at the local NAPA store. It provides enough back presure and sounds ok. I can see no down side. I have a noticeable incress in both power and mileage. tug[addsig]

i drive my jeep to school and home every day, as well as to work 4 times a week... where i take DELIVERIES! haven't had a problem with the thing yet! excellent daily driver...[addsig]

My Rubicon will remain a DD, as it is my primary car. But, I will offroad with it. I don't plan to do any modifications.[addsig]

If I had a Rubicon I would not mod it either at least no untill the factory coverage was all burned up. :p tug[addsig]

I use my daily driver for mild trails. My rule is if I think i need a spotter, then I need my CJ-5.[addsig]

I put 90miles a day on my rig. Theres nothing better than comming out from work on a bright sunny day pulling that top down an drelaxing all the way home..[addsig]

Hey Rubicon......

You keep on Jeepin brother....I love the Stocker Jeepers (ask anybody around here lol). Nothing better than just pullin onto a dirt road to see where it takes you, and bein able to play with most of the big boys. You'll love it, and look me up if you have any questions, I love my stocker TJ.

Rob :p :cool: :) [addsig]

I bought it to drive it, not let it sit in the garage.

Tru dat tru dat! :-D
My jeep plays the "middle man" role as well. She gets about a 60 mile around trip each day to work and than on the weekends it hits the trails. My jeep is by no means huge. About 4.5" of lift and 33s and still shows good road manners, except for gas mileage. :oops:
If we take a long trip, we jump in my girlfriend's Honda. The jeep would take a fortune just to get some of the places she can get on half a tank of gas. But I wouldnt trade it for nothing. Its a "burden" I've learned to live with. :-D [addsig]

fuel economy is something we all have learned to deal with[addsig]

My jeep was a daily driver for about 7 years now i don't need to drive it just to get to work every day. My jeep goes on 4 wheel trips, lake trips, weekend trips, and just to the store to get more beer trips. It been that way for three years now. In the next 5 to 10 years in will be just illegal to drive on the street. All i will be doing with it is 4 wheeling the piss out of it. :-D

edited by: JE420EP, Jun 10, 2003 - 12:22 AM[addsig]

My TJ is my daily driver. I've got about 7.5 inches of lift with 35in tires. It's great on the road, alittle bumpy, but it's a JEEP! I even have my Anti-Rock on the loosest setting. :-D [addsig]

My future Jeep will hopefully be my daily driver.
Since my goal is an around town commuter, and
eventually a Hemi swap, I do not have plans for
adding a lift kit or off-road rubber.

I may be breaking some Jeep morality clause or
something, but I am planning to have fun with it.

_________________QUOTE"---"
Scott Moseman
http://www.TheHemi.com/
http://www.HemiJeep.com/
===============================
Scott, I have been where you are. Mine takes me
anywhere ON or OFF Road,, You need to hook up
with J--- He has been 'knee deep" in POWER JEEPS. :-D

Well fellow Texan,
As you've heard from J--- & Me,
we could care less if you show up
on a bicycle or skates.

What better Research, then the trail,

J---- Has FOUR RIGS,
You can see everything from
CJ-5, YJ-7s, TJs '99 Sport & 2002 Sahara!

We would love to have you out next Run.

Anything you need, just holler' , were close and can help.
=============================
(The Judge took away her
Driver's License after the "Cat incident")

But Kena Still runs this (TJ) Trail Jeep
over WHATEVER she wants, with a smile.) :-D

The options are endless,,, and ALL are CAPABLE!
[addsig]

hitch intall

Wife uses the bright yellow TJ as a daily driver to and from work and getting groceries. She's proud of the tire cover with "tweety bird" on it. Heh! Heh! Husband (that's me) gets to play with it off road. Why else would my wife have lifted it 6" and mounted 35" TrXus MT's, a winch, and Trac-locked the rear? No ribbing about tweety on the back.

I drive my jeep to work every once in a while just to keep the parts from seizing up, so i don't consider it my daily driver.
My daily driver is a cute little toyota celica thats REALLY good on gas, comfortable, and can really move when it has to.
For the most part i agree with Snitty. My jeep is an offroad vehicle that just happens to be registered to be used (somewhat) legally on the street. Fortunately its OLD enough that i'm exempt from just about anything, so as long as i keep the plates renewed, the oil clean, and the gas full there's noooo problems :D

Hollows eve is my daily driver and my off road play mate.. she takes the Utah snow storms well and even enjoys the trip down to Moab to play there...14.7 miles to work everyday. 4 inches of lift and 35 inch MTR's

Back