Door choices for hard top?

JeredYJ

Read this if you bought an air compressor since 1996

I just got a great deal on a hard top for my 91 yj and now must find a way to have upper doors! I have the soft uppers that fit with a soft top, but they will not fit once I get a hard top. Are there soft uppers that will fit with half steel doors and a hard top? I do not have $350 to spend on sliders or anything fancy. Please let me know what my *most economical* option is. Thanks much. jered.

That will be a hard find. Just keep an eye on ebay and best of luck! You may want to post this in Wanted section here as well. Maybe you could trade for a set of full doors some place. tug

Car washes are dangerous!!!!!!!

Since my bestop uppers fit my supertop, and my full steel doors also fit my supertop, some bestop uppers should work with your hardtop.....

wm69 said:
Since my bestop uppers fit my supertop, and my full steel doors also fit my supertop, some bestop uppers should work with your hardtop.....

Nope. Been there tried that.

The soft uppers are a little larger around than the hard doors and they won't squeeze in the hardtop "seat".

I hate to break it to you Jared, but full hard doors are the only real option without cutting/sanding something on a factory hardtop. The upper sliders are designed to work with the aftermarket tops that they were made for. You might get them to fit but may have to trim or sand edges, etc.

Re: starter question

On that hardtop you need a set of windows or sliders with the rounded corners. If you can get a set of full doors then that's fine but most soft windows and upper sliders has the square corners.

GoodLuck

Back