doughnuts

STEW

Can you change the rubber doughnuts between the tub and the chassis without lifting the tub completely off????

i need to change mine but don't have the confidence to fully remove the tub

cheers stew:???:

You would change out the "doughnuts" on a TJ by doing something like this..

1. Loosen all 11 body mounts but leave the bolts in place.
2. Starting with one side, remove the 3 side body mount bolts and lower rubber bushings. Jack up the body using a floor jack and a block of wood under the tub or rocker protection. Raise the body up enough to remove the top rubber bushings.
3. Install new rubber bushings. Lower the body down on the rubber bushings making sure all bushings are seated correctly.
4. Install the bushing bolts but do not tighten.
6. Go to the opposite side, then front and rear and repeat steps 2 through 4.
7. Once all the rubber bushings have been replaced and correctly aligned, tighten all bols to factory torque specs.

Sorry for the threadjack, does this apply to CJs to? What if you are adding pucks, not just replacing? This is next on my TTD list..thanks

Sorry for the threadjack, does this apply to CJs to? What if you are adding pucks, not just replacing? This is next on my TTD list..thanks

Not a CJ guy but I would think it'd be about the same procedure. Prothane sells a complete body kit for the '75 CJ-5 for about $75. It looks pretty straight forward.

13048md-1.jpg

I saw dougnuts and grabbed my coffee :coffee: but yes you can change out bodymount bushing with out removing the tub ,losen bolts till ther almost all way off , then remove bolt from mount your replacing jack up body enough to slid and remove old and replace new bushing replace bolt but leave lose,when you get all of them done tighten bolts in a criss cross pattern make sure to tork the bolts ,example below

image-missing.png

don't over tighten :beer:

Back