Drivetrain vibration

Cherokee1326

I just finish doin my lift on my xj and mite have a lil Drivetrain vibration I did a 6 degrees shims and at take of it start to vibrate idk if the Drivetrain or wat I have about 5.5in of lift if that help out and wat is the worst thing that would happen if I just deal with it

I only needed 2.5 degree shims with mine I'm at 5.5 inches lift. What's your cancelation angle. Should be less the one degree.

You would be best off with a sye and double cardon d shaft. My d shaft binds at full droop and I have a .5 inch t case drop.

Check your angles and make sure it's set up like the diagram:
2joint_angle-1.gif

I got the angle of the driveshaft almost perfect i can deal with the vibration it goes away after start to move I just wondering was the worst that could happen if I don't fix it basically wat will break or get damage that my really question

Vibs are hard on diff and t case bearings. But I lived with mine for a year till I went with a diff rear shaft.

It helped a bit but I couldn't go an inch. Problems with t case shifter I just went 3/4. Worked ok.

1/2" should be enough of a crossmember drop.

I don't understand when you say the vibe goes away when you start to move. So it vibrates when sitting still?

Back