Eaton M90

88YJ6

Hey anyone run a eaton m90 on their jeep, and if so did you do it as a draw through or blow through

For everyone else that doesn't know (I had to look it up), an eaton M90 is a supercharger. Sounds like a pretty cool idea.

I'm not sure if there is a difference between the eaton superchargers and the avenger superchargers, but the only superchargers I've seen on wrangler and cherokees has been the avengers. My dads 03 Cobra used to have an eaton supercharger. BADASS machine.

along this line of thought anyone ever see madmax? where mel gibson has a supercharger on a clutch so he can disengage it or engage it...cool food for thought somebody( hint hint TRY IT!!!)
if mine wasnt my daily driver i would totally try

yeah, the thing is is if you scale down your turbo you could probably get about 50 HP and have that turbo spool up pretty quick, but yeah a supercharger would work better

Some people run the 4 banger with a small turbo (typically a Garrett T3) to about 6 to 8 t (more than that and you will KILL the engine!), and they have had very good results. I am actually considering this for mine, but I have many things to do before I go in this direction!

A supercharger will probably be better for a Jeep, but a small turbo (you only need 6 to 8 pounds, so there is no need for a large turbo) should spool up rather fast, and should work well at lower rpm's than what you would normally associate with a turbo. But you would still have some turbo lag, so if you are rock crawling, this could be an issue. For me and my type of wheeling (mud), a turbo may be cheaper (significantly!) than a supercharger, and should work OK (I can rev up the engine before the mud hole and just keep the RPM's up until I am on the other side).

There are a couple of articles about this at http://www.4bangerjp.com if you are interested in joining that site...

Felipe

Back