engine swap ?? please help !!

mxkid

I have a 98 tj and am finding a hard time finding a good engine for it that is cheap enough.. I found a 97 G cherokee that has a 318 in it that runs just fine. If i buy the whole jeep, will everything be there that i need to put it in my jeep ??

I would think you will have to buy or build new mounts at the least I haven't knowen anyone that has don that swap.

The computer swap is the biggest problem. The Grand Cherokee has a passive alarm system hooked into the door locks and ignition because the keys have a chip in them

Well my head has been up my rear for a while now.... I have a 93 cherokee with a 4.0 auto.. Will that work ?? Wiring and all ??

That should work well. Grand Cherokee has the alarm issue.

What engine is currently in your TJ? You don't want to put an OBD 1 engine and processor in an OBD II vehicle. Good luck ever passing emissions. That won't work.

Thanks for all the info but I have found and bought a 2.5 to put back in it stock.. I will get more power from small mods and just gear the **** out of it lol

Trying to get power from a 2.5 with bolt on mods is a waste of money. 4.88 gears and you'll be fine.

Back