Finally ready to do the swap

Fullsizexj

I finally got the spare AW4 I had cleaned up and mounted a fliped D300 on it, I used a Down East Offroad flip kit on it and have it twinsticked, now all I have to do is drop my old trans and pop this one in
image-missing.png

very cool. post some more pics when you do the swap.

I am hoping to get the old one pulled tomorrow and if there is time, I will put this one in, just depends on how long my visit to see a surgeon takes.

well it is all in and I have been messing with the shift levers that came with the flip kit, no matter what I try, I just can't get them positioned the way I want and have them work, so off to the shop this morning for an hour or so, when all was said and done, I had made this
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Got the transfercase end of the cables all worked out, coming from the rear of the transfercase on the top to connect, makes it a whole lot easier to route the cables and all, did not get pics of it but I did get pics of the shifter box all mounted up and in place
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

I had to stop for a little while, Monday I went in the hospital and got a pacemaker/difibulator put in me and got out on Tuesday, once I get all healed up I will be back at it, gotta get the cutting brakes in and hooked up and finish off a couple other things so that it will be ready for me to start competing in class 3 at the RCrocs series this year. Our team name is Mud River Motorsports

Wow, is that as big an operation as it sounds? Will you be out of commission for months?

Hope you're feeling ok.

Just an overnight thing, it is pretty dang tinder but not as bad as I thought it would be. Doc says about 2-4 weeks for recovery, main thing is to let things heal and seal the wire leads in place and for the little box to heal in solid, hardest thing so far is trying to sleep on my back till it heals up. I just can't get used to that so sleep has not been real great. That was the main reason I was pushing so hard to get as much done on the buggy as I could so I would not have to sweat a time crunch later, all the grunt work is finished, cutting brakes will be easy, no heavy lifting involved with that

Back