Firewall huh...

dunny

Can anyone help out a moron??

2 yrs ago, when i stripped down my body off my '79 CJ-5, i got caught up in ripping the body off, and forgot to keep the firewall or at least trace it.

Would anyone know where to get a schematic of the firewall or be able to help in some way, ie. you traced yours and no longer need the tracing.

Any help would be appreciated.

dunny[addsig]

Are you talking about the wiring, brake lines, and accessories locations? Or do

you actually mean the WHOLE firewall?

What you could do is just take a look at some other peoples rigs and maybe

bring along your instant camera if all you need to do is assemble everything

back together.

As for a whole firewall, I guess you could look for a donor Jeep somewhere.

Preferably a cheap one!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I can sell you a complete BRAND NEW firewall for $150 +S&H. It comes complete with all the holes (Fuse panel, brake master cylinder, steering column, heater core tubes, blower motor, etc etc etc, etc. All you have to do is weld on a cowl and weld it to the floor panel and you're good to go.

On second thought, you probably mean that you bought a fiberglass body tub, so you don't really need a firewall. Anyway, just let me know if I can be of service. I have access to many hard to find parts.[addsig]

Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated.

Tery,

My concern is getting the holes in the right spot... im sure if theyre off a bit it wont matter, i dont know if the pic of your wranglers firewall will really gimme a good look, unless its bare. But if you dont mind, im sure it wouldnt cause any harm. Is it the same as the 79 cj?

PerformanceTruck&Auto

As tempting as the new firewall is, id prefer to keep it on the "cheap" ya know. Can you get me a tracing of one? Ill pay for that if its possible. i need to know measurements and placements.

You are correct tho, i do have a new tub and front end. I will be needing the mounting kit though for the front end, got one of those?

Thanks again for the help guys!!!

Chris

dunndesign@rogers.com[addsig]

Back