Fluid capacities for 95 YJ

BrandonV

The Jeep needs 100k maintenance but I have no idea about the fluid capacities.
Can someone please advise capacities for the radatior, trans, front & rear diff.?
Am I missing anything else?

Thanks![addsig]

Give us the general run down on your jeep 4 banger, Inline 6, transmission, and ect... I kow the AX five take about 4 quarts of fluid and go with the Pennzoil Synromesh, the transfercase will take Auto Transmission Fluid but I read some where that you can use Synromesh there to if this is so that will be one of my next changes. As for you Radiator just flush and add a gallon of you favorit anitfreez and add water then check the levels near winter to bring it up to standard. Diffs are some thing that I can not help you with as I have not been there yet. Hope that I have lead you in the right directions some one else will be along soon to be of a bigger help than I. Tug[addsig]

on the diffs, just unbolt em, let the fluid drain out, give it a few shots of brake cleaner to cleanse it, put the cover back on w/ your choice of a gasket, or RTV, and then unbolt the drain plug, and filler back up, and use 80w-90 gear oil
ps that stuff STINKS :-O [addsig]

The site works again!!!!!!

The Jeep is a 95, 4-cyl w/ a 2.5L engine.
The Jeep dealer told me that the front diff would take about 1.5qts of gear oil but it started overflowing well before I reached that capacity. Maybe I didn't syphon all of the old fluid out?????
Can someone advise me of the correct fluid capacities?

Thanks![addsig]

Front Diff: 1 1/4 Quarts 75w-90
Rear Diff: 1 1/2 Quarts 75w-90
Trans manual: 3 1/2 Quarts 75w-90
Trans Auto: 3 2/5 Quarts ATF Plus
Transfer Case: 1 2/3 Quarts ATF Plus

These are supposed to be factory spec

edited by: jeepin_madness, May 22, 2003 - 08:53 PM[addsig]

Back