Fog lights

jacob123

I have a 04 TJ Unlimited, and when i got it it had a lot of aftermarket additions. I want to replace the lights on the front bumper, and I think they're stock, but I dont know, as I dont have the history. what im tring to say is what is a good fog light that would fit in the factory mounting bracket that wouldnt be too expensive.

get 2 of those farm tractor lights they sell at walmart sturdy tough and bright and abot $25 for a pair thats what Im going to use on the flatie

do those fit on the stock mounting brackets. I was actually curious if KC Daylighters would work without any other modifications, like in the stock mounting brackets

Just about any light will work.The mounting bracket is just a 3/8 hole in the bumper with a nut on the bottom.

oh, I didnt realize that. Then I guess that makes everything easier for me. Also when I was down there checking it, i realized that one of the existing ones was cracked, and only being held on by a spring, so im glad I checked.

no!do not hook up daylighters on the factory circuit!those are 55 watt bulbs,and the kc's will be at least 100 watts=twice the current draw=wires melting!use the factory wiring to kick a relay,drawing main power straight from battery!

im actually doubting how stock they are. I decided to look at the wires, just to check it out, and the wires looked like they were just patched together and some tubing got slapped on there. there is one spot where there is a 5 wire intersection, and it looks like its held together with electrical tape and good wishes. the wires i can see the end of from that lead to blinkers, the light, and the headlights and then the other end runs to the inside of the hood. i wouldn't know which was which unless I started pulling wires, and I don't want to screw anything up. and I compared them to my dad's 99 TJ, and they look pretty different.

I have an 05 Unlimited I just bought. One of the factory lights was missing and the dealer tossed the other. There is a connector under each fender on the same cable that feeds the marker and turn signal lights. A factory cable goes from this connector to a connector on the 55 watt factory fog light. KC Hilites advertises a direct replacement with the proper connector already on it but it does not have the cable that goes between the fender harness and the light. My local Jeep dealer just quoted me $125.00 for each light and $23.00 for each cable. The nut to mount the light to the bumper and the 55w bulb are not included and would be more money.

Back