Football

The first season I started going to see the Orioles was Cal's rookie year. The first game we went to I got Jim Palmer and Rick Dempsey's autographs. Cal was from Harford County where we lived. We went to alot of games and that switch came pretty quickly. 1983 they won the World Series. I loved baseball from T-ball age and you can imagine how easy it was for a young kid to fall in love with the O's back then.

Never went to a Colts game, then they left for Indy pretty soon anyway.

I guess it was because I was a kid, If I had moved down here as an adult things would probably be much different. I'm in PA now and there's no way I would forsake the O's or the Ravens for any of the teams up here.

Yeah, the locals out here (the Fightin' Donks) sure put a hurtin' on both the Pats and Ravens.

When the Bronco's are doing well, I'm not.

But I will say that the look on Brady's face was priceless.

Ravens drop to 4-2... still holding 1st in the div, but a tough schedule and here comes Pittsburgh...

Remaining hopeful, but I sure liked undeafeated while it lasted.

Ravens drop to 4-2... still holding 1st in the div, but a tough schedule and here comes Pittsburgh...

Remaining hopeful, but I sure liked undeafeated while it lasted.

Hey, TC, should be interesting in a couple of weeks!!!!! Your boys are comin' down to the Superdome after both have bye weeks. Should be a good game...........can't believe the Saints are playin' this good.

so are the bears that good? or are the cards that bad? probably a combination of both. the most remarkable thing in that game was the bears defense. sure they gave up a whopping 23 points, but they overcame 6 turnovers by their qb, and basically won the game. brian urlacher is unreal.

so are the bears that good? or are the cards that bad? probably a combination of both. the most remarkable thing in that game was the bears defense. sure they gave up a whopping 23 points, but they overcame 6 turnovers by their qb, and basically won the game. brian urlacher is unreal.

Well, the Cards kicker is that bad, anyway. What a game! 6 turnovers, no offensive touchdowns, did they even gain 200 yds??, and they win the game! Gotta think that's destiny or something close....

Urlacher is a freaking animal. What an athlete!

I think the Cards are for real. They still have work to do but that team is coming together nicely and that kid seems very poised behind center. He's going to be a good QB.

actually, neil rackers has been one of the better kickers in football the past few years. you don't make em all, but obviously the ones with the game on the line are a lot more talked about. that vinatieri guy made a few good kicks for the pats back in the day. everyone laughs about kickers, but there's something different than driving 60 yarders in warmups than kicking a 35 yarder with the game on the line.

actually, neil rackers has been one of the better kickers in football the past few years. you don't make em all, but obviously the ones with the game on the line are a lot more talked about. that vinatieri guy made a few good kicks for the pats back in the day. everyone laughs about kickers, but there's something different than driving 60 yarders in warmups than kicking a 35 yarder with the game on the line.

Yeah, Rackers won me my fantasy league last year.

Urlacher is a freaking animal. What an athlete!

New Mexico's best football player ever. From Lovington, NM. Thankfully, when my I played against Lovington, Brian was in 8th grade. But they worked us nonetheless. Lovington's like straight out of "Varsity Blues."

yeah those ones. but i was thinking more of the two he made in the snow game against oakland, one to tie the game in 8" of snow from 40 yards out, and another to win it later.

ps - pats win again, and judge, the eagles beat vatech last weekend, and fsu this weekend, what have the orange done lately?

yeah those ones. but i was thinking more of the two he made in the snow game against oakland, one to tie the game in 8" of snow from 40 yards out, and another to win it later.

ps - pats win again, and judge, the eagles beat vatech last weekend, and fsu this weekend, what have the orange done lately?
Well, he shouldn't have been allowed to kick one of them. AKA the infamous "Tuck rule." I still can't believe that call...terrible. It not only was a fumble, but it was perhaps the most quintessential of fumbles by a quarterback. The "perfect" fumble so to speak.

I put a big * on that "Win".

Of course, the Raiders had the infamous "Holy Roller" so I guess that's karmic payback, but tell that to the Charger fans.

Last edited:

Oh I was never trying to say SU football was great this year. I know they stink. FSU wasnt a great win by any stretch. They are having a terrible year. They have only beat Miami (terrible), Rice, Troy, and Duke...all weak. VT for that matter hasnt beaten anyone good either. You have to admit the ACC is pretty weak this year.

I would put the Big East top 4 - West Virgina, Louisville, Rutgers, and Pitt against the ACC top 4 - Clemson, BC, Wake, and GT any day.

Back