FREE MONEY FOR EVERYONE

FiCJeep

alright now that you are reading this i have a question. Is it possible to have an imput shaft, mainly, the pilot shaft machined down to fit into the pilot bushing and flywheel? i think i need about a half inch or so taken off the tip of it.

thanks

And by the way no money i wish there was but there is not

thats a pretty dirty trick just to get people to read your topic. its also GAY

cruel joke!
Yes I can in here looking for money.. heck we all need it...lol we own jeeps :)
And yes you can get it machined...but I do believe it is a hardened shaft and it will have to be ground.
Any machine shop will be able to tell you of a reliable grind shop that can do it for you.

Man, I thought it was a good idea with the whole free money thing. Looks like some people didn't think it was a good joke! By the way, Welcome to Jeepz

Welcome to Jeepz!
I didn't mind it, but I wouldn't pull that again!

Nice to have you on board.

Now boy's get a grip here. Sneaky yes, Gay no, As for a stock jeep having anything wrong with it or being gay in any way manner or form, you are just wrong there. tug

Yes guys, you two need to watch the name calling.And for the record, stock jeeps arent gay.

Sully said:
Yes guys, you two need to watch the name calling.And for the record, stock jeeps arent gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

:lol:

How very "Moderator-like" of you Sully! Heheheheee

how how about answering the guy.... yeah, i'm sure you can get it machined... but... better yet... there are two better options...

1. you can search for the correct pilot bearing...

2. you can get a pilot bushing machined from bronze... this is what i did about 2 years ago and have not had a problem yet... nothing even close to a clatter... take your old pilot bearing in, and either a caliper measurement of the input, or the actual input shaft and have them grind a bushing that will fit it... you don't NEED it to be a bearing... many motor companies use a bushing... the only time it acually has to spin is when the clutch is disengaged, all other times, the input is set centered in the pilot and held as one moving unit by the clutch

Sometimes I get groceries in my stock yj, but I believe it is "straight".

You can machine a hardened shaft if the machinist has the right tooling. I think it requires a ceramic tip, but that's beside the point. If it's the length that is the problem, just cut it off with a grinder and file down the burs.
If it is the diameter of the shaft, you may just want to swap the bushings. Get your old one out and measure the outside diameter. Then measure the diameter of the shaft to get the inside diameter you need for the new bushing.
There is a company called Bunting that makes bushings and they are very cheap (like less than a buck) and they have them in thousands of sizes right off the shelf. Motion Industries and Applied Industrial Technologies are just two of the many suppliers that stock them.
The part numbers are pretty easy. They start with CB for cast bronze, then the inside diameter in 16ths, the outside diameter in 16ths and the length in 8ths.
Example: CB0814-08 =1/2" inside, 7/8" outside, 1" long
or CB1220-06= 3/4" inside, 1-1/4" outside, 3/4" long
Find one of the above listed suppliers and go check them out. It will be a lot cheaper than having one machined.
I guess I'll let you have that info for free even though you lured me in here with talks of money.

for the record im not new to Jeepz i just forgot my password
and i said free money cause the free food worked last time.
i also wanted an answer to my question.
so thanks to those "straight" ones who answered my question.
much thanks goes to them!!

Back