Front or Rear Lock

geronimo_e

Lets say I got $300 saved up, and could only afford one detroid ez-locker for the front or rear of my 88 6cyl 5speed YJ. its got 4.11 gears and 31" tires
Here's the question, where thoes the locker have more off-road performance , ther rear or the front?? what do you guys recomend the front first or the rear. Becouse I can only afford one.... Thankyou all.....

new family addition

I've heard the rear is best to do first. But expect your on-road handling to suck

TARSI

i dont really know much about this subject so someone help me out if this is horribly wrong. I would say that if you could get some sort of selectable locker, and already have a LS in the back, to do the front first. But if the back is open, id go with it

Nathan

They are actualy both open, but I will follow your advice and go with the back one, quinda was hoping it would be the back one couse I can get it for less cash :D , Thank you very much!!!

You can go many places you never could with the rear locked in two wheel drive there for not needing four wheel drive most of the time. Where as if the front is locked then you will need to be in 4wd for it to even be of any help at all. Hope this makes sence. tug

There once was a Jeeper who had an ARB in the front and rear. The rear one was inoperable and he continued the trail locked only in the front. This Jeeper was unable to make it up a granite slab moving forward, locked only in the front. Turning around, the jeep crawled right up the slab in reverse without spinning a tire.

It's all about weight transfer, and since you do most wheelin in a forward gear, always lock the rear first :lol:

Back