front speakers

Bruski

I have a 94 Jeep Wrangler and I would like to know if there is a simple way to replace the speakers in the dash.

yeah, remove the old ones and install new ones. hehehe. anyway i believe they are 4 x 6's. it's not hard to do.

RE: Paragon Feb 19th

Use a 4x6 that has a spacer on the speaker side, because they will be pressed up against the dash.

It is a complete pain in the neck to change these, but it can be done. You'll be lying on your back reaching up and fumbling with the difficult to reach nuts that hold the stock speakers on.

Super Bowl Commercials -- The Bowlie Awards

Take the seats out first,drink a beer,breath,drink another beer,breath again(very important) drink another beer,then start removing old speakers......Don't forget to breath........................

Do what i did get your girlfriend with those little skinny hands to get to those tight spots. And sit and have a beer. Makes the job alot easier

yjdave said:
Take the seats out first,drink a beer,breath,drink another beer,breath again(very important) drink another beer,then start removing old speakers......Don't forget to breath........................

I see you've done them too ! :lol:

RE: Re: RE: Re: Yea the super bowl is over!!

I cheated. I hate wiring stereos. I clipped the wires from the front speakers and hooked up my rear speakers on that channel. I've got Pioneer 3-way 6x9's in Thor Soundwedges. If I ever decide to go with front speakers again, I'll go pay someone to do it for me. That's how much I hate working on stereo systems.

RE: Computer Problems

happy024 said:
Do what i did get your girlfriend with those little skinny hands to get to those tight spots. And sit and have a beer. Makes the job alot easier

hehe, that's what I did. I just kept getting mad and all frustrated, so I had a girl help me out. She seemes to be able to get under there a lot easier and didn't get so mad either. And yes, the beer part works well too.

RE: Jeep Tj Trick

If you don't want to remove the dash, an easy alternative is to pull the glove box out, this will make the pass side real easy (the really small 1/4 head hex screws on the back of the glove box don't need to go back in.

for the drivers side, I would pull the three torx head and the windshield bracket. also take down from under the dash the courtousy light anything else in your way.get the bottom off, and the top left. the top right I usually pull the dash out a bit makes it a little easier to get too!

I have done these speakers about 30 times, no need to get pissed off, take your time and have a beer of 6 to take the edge off!

Back