Funny Steering Woes

lethaldose

ok just started yesterday havent done anything no trails or anything .. started her up to take off to wal-mart steering seemed a lil goofy from the get go but i didnt pay much mind you get up to 40-45ish or above and it gets a vibration that if you increase speed it can shimmy the whole jeep also the steering feels like it has a dead spot at that speed like you hit 45 and the play increases at the wheel ... so i limped back home checked all my lug nuts checked steering parts in the garage steering was nice and tight no faults .. PS fluid was a little low so i topped that off .. test drove same thing ?? anybody have any ideas ... could i slung a weight off my wheel and it cause this problem ???? help please i'm stuck driving my S10 until i get it fixed hahah :lol:

bump damn it hahah ... nah i called my tire guy and he said clean the tires real good blah blah then if that didnt work he'd re balance em ... and i'm not stupid i know caked on mud can throw em off but i've had that before and never had something are dominant as this so i'm going to humor him and spray them off have somebody run it to him because if i'm lucky its slung a weight or 2 off and i've not fuNked up nothing impotent LoL

Had the same problem and after going back and forth with the dealer it turns out I had bad tires.

could be weights missing - if enuff were thrown (i know i have plenty on a few of my 33's) but i also had a similar problem in my work truck (freightliner) - after getting new front tires - turned out the tech put waaaay too much of that waxy soap on and IN the tire - it was cold - it solidified and darn near shook the wheel out of my hand above 35 mph or so (not fun pulling 80K lbs!) - anyway - they tried balancing over and over but finally found the problem when they pulled the tires off the rims - okay - long way to get to my point - any chance of water in the wheel and it getting cold enuff to freeze it? (probably not but worth mentioning.....) g'luck!

sorry took me awhile to post back work has kept me busy as hell ... but to the naked eye the outside of the rims were fairly clean ... on the inside i had almost a 5 gallon bucket on both sides of clayed up mud ... high pressure washer and a few quarters and she was back on the str8 and narrow hahaha

so just like My Cousin Vinny - "ya got mud in your tires!" - been there/done that!!! nice it turned out to be a cheap fix!

Back