Gas tank?

kaylaah

Can anyone tell me if the gas tank for a 96 grand Cherokee would be the same as a gas tank for a 93 Cherokee? Engine size etc is the same. Just trying to avoid spending 850$ on one lol any insight is greatly appreciated!

My god! WTF that's expensive! I bought a used tank for my Cherokee at a junkyard for $30 and they took it out for me. No way I'd give that. I'd fab one up for less than that.

Ya I bought a new tank for my xj for 165 bucks I would call some jobber sources. Napa. Bumper to bumper etc.

flatie46 said:
My god! WTF that's expensive! I bought a used tank for my Cherokee at a junkyard for $30 and they took it out for me. No way I'd give that. I'd fab one up for less than that.

I know! I almost died when he told me that on the phone. I checked my local scrap yards and they're all punctured because that's how they drain the gas. I guess taking time to syphon is just to much? Stupid.

Jester32 said:
Ya I bought a new tank for my xj for 165 bucks I would call some jobber sources. Napa. Bumper to bumper etc.

I've called bumper to bumper (they're the ones who said it was a dealer part) I've tried napa, part source and part stop. The reason I need one if because mine has a small dent and I have to get a salvage inspection done on mine and I think they'll fail me for it. Do you know if the tank for a 96 will be compatible with my 93? Because I found one on my local online classifieds for 150$

flatie46 said:
Could ya maybe put a skid plate over it so they couldn't see it?
Where are you located?

That's a possibility. But from what I've read they basically take the entire thing apart and find EVERY tiny little thing wrong with it. That's what I'm worried about and what makes it worse is that after the inspection you only have 10 days to fix everything and get it registered before the inspection becomes no longer valid :( too bad money didn't grow on trees. I am in Edmonton

Have you checked rock auto? I would try to see if it will pass with the small dent and if that fails it express deliver one with in the 10 days.

carnuck said:
any more info? Tanks are cheap here too. Dent isn't a fail unless it's rusty

It definatly isn't rusty! So I didn't get a new tank im taking it for the big scary salvage inspection on Monday. He said it takes 1-3 days. So cross your fingers for me and I'll let you all know how it goes!

Back