Gearing opinions

hey, i installed 4:88 gears on 35" bfg's, with a powertrax locker. I also went with a Rubicon Express spring over axle and 6" suspension lift. I have a limited slip for sale for a d35, carrier and all.

ecor said:
The other thing to consider is that you may want to change your bearings while you are there. A lot of offroad shops like mine will add this into the price of setting up ring and pinions because it is a logical thing to do. Most places that set up a lot of ring and pinions won'r even give you the option of not doing it. Price will vary around the US and also depends on reputation of the shop. We are know for doing it and are usually around $500 per axle and $600 per axle if we are changing the bearings. Going labor rate in our area is $65/hr so this also plays into it. There is a shop in our area that is nationally know in the racing world and he charges $2500 per axle to set up ring and pinion.

Dude, $2500? I don't care if you are changing the gears in the friggin moon rover for NASA......that's still a steep price. I guess when you have 25 sponsors begging to throw money at you, it's easier to spend :roll:

I can't believe anynody would pay $2500 per axle to regear. $5000 for both???
:shock:
Yikes!

Back