Going on 33's

geronimo_e

Suggestions for a "2nd" Vehicle?

Hi, I have an '88 jeep YJ with 1 1/4" shackels and 3" body lift , and want to now if I can fit 33" tyres into it.... Thanks four your help......

should be able too....i was able to put 32 on my jeep with just the 3 inch body lift and no shackles.

ok, thanks, by the way how much did you spend on the regearing??? couse im really interested on doing it to my jeep.....

i spend about 400 bucks on a set of axles out of a 4 banger.lol they got the good gear ratio. however, they are still waek axles and i dont recomend them for anything over a 33 tire. :D

3" of body lift is getting a little extreme for a jeep.... but if you've had it for a while, and are happy with it... couldn't do too much damage to keep it... if i were in that situation, I would take that body lift down an inch and go with 32s.. or do an aal lift

well i have had it for about 5 months and it's worked fine, isntalled it miself, that gives me a little more confidence (hope not to much) that it is tuff in wonking condition, but in the future I plan to go another 3" but this time with a suspention lift.... just dont have the $$$$ right now....

how about 4cyl XJ axels??? would that work... thanks your helping a lot!!! :D

4cyl wrangler axles would bolt right on... the xj would be a different story... MAYBE a rear leaf one would work, but not the front

Light Mounts

yeah but i have run into many problems...lol....broken carrier gears, bearings, seals...havnt broken the axle shaft yet but it is only a matter of time...i have got plans to swap in a ford 9 and 44 in the near future.

if you DO get the 33's (which i would highly recommend) you are going to want to re-gear to probably a 4.56 ratio. Otherwise you will always be at a loss of power.

RE-GEAR it to 4.88's you will love them.........I did on my 88 YJ

Back