Good heater?

SicCJ5

Mojave heater, or should i track down original heater core?
those crap 12v defrosters aren't worth the fuse they blow every seven seconds. any opinions?

Attachments

• jeeperz.jpg
    jeeperz.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 600

Do you just need the heater core or the whole heater assembly(box,fan,duct,etc)? A heater core should be relatively easy to find i would think a decent autoparts store could get one...the whole assembly might be a bit of a search.

Do you just need the heater core or the whole heater assembly(box,fan,duct,etc)? A heater core should be relatively easy to find i would think a decent autoparts store could get one...the whole assembly might be a bit of a search.
Willys 4WD.com has a heater for 300.00 but not sure how good it is I'm going to try it in my 1949 CJ2A we'll see

phatrandy said:
Willys 4WD.com has a heater for 300.00 but not sure how good it is I'm going to try it in my 1949 CJ2A we'll see

Let me know how that works, quadratec has the mojave for 200.00

Had a mojave in a CJ, the previous owner replaced the jeep blower with a K5 blower so that is what was replaced, worked very well, Big thing for me was that it is very compact compared to a factory unit.

jps4jeep said:
Had a mojave in a CJ, the previous owner replaced the jeep blower with a K5 blower so that is what was replaced, worked very well, Big thing for me was that it is very compact compared to a factory unit.

So I need a different blower too? Not just the heater? I dunno...I just wanna stop being frozen!!!

did you try a hotter thermostat?

make sure you have no air trapped in the heater core taking up space that could be hot water and the valve flows free

better insulation and wind barrier

Back